Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Getting Started!

Hello All,

As some of you may know I can not wait to marry my future wife Sheronda Elizabeth Shearon!!! Please help me out!!! I have NO IDEA where to start this wedding planning, but the more input you give me the more I can start to find out. I am sooooo excited about marrying Sheronda. She is truly my inspiration and my role model. Ok, enough of the mushy stuff. Let's get to business. So far this is where we are. The wedding will most likely be Labor Day Weekend 2010 in Memphis, TN.

1) What do you all think is a good location in Memphis or (Atlanta for backup)?

2) Any color suggestions?

3) For those of you who have been through this before, what are some things you think I should do to get the ball rolling with this wedding planning?????

Looking forward to your comments,
Future Husband to be

Jonathan A. Richardson

4 comments:

  1. J.Rich - Hit me up. I'll walk you through our process. First thing first though is create a budget. Without a budget, you'll have Sheronda asking for flying unicorns and fairies flying around. The budget keeps things in perspective from # of guests, to location, to setup, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Marques...BUDGET then you can figure out what venue you can afford.. quicker you figure that out the sooner you can reserve a venue... September is cusp of summer/fall but since you're in the south.. it will be a little bit warmer so you can still rock summer colors if you'd like.. and after you get a budget-see if you have room for a wedding planner, it will make things MUCH easier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marques: LOL!!! Flying Unicorns. Funny. I yeah a budget is necessary. I going to definitely call you

    Ashley: We are looking at this museum in Memphis right now. Hopefully we can work it out. Thanks for the Facebook Message. Hopefully we cn get this wedding websit off the ground by the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to www.theknot.com and look for planning tools. Choose My Budgeter and My Checklist. They are so detailed, especially the checklist, that it'll be hard to miss anything. The checklist lays it out by month based on your timeline. You can also choose Local Resources and get a list of venues, services, etc. in the Memphis area. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete